by Manila Maid
It’s that dreadful time of the year again. Cough there, sneeze here, and feel ill everywhere! Feeling under the weather is just the worst. To gain your strength back, you made sure to take your meds on time, eat fruits and vegetables and of course, drank more water than you're used to. Great! Now you feel well and ready to get back to work.
However, leaving your house unsanitized after being sick is allowing the germs to remain in your home. You can’t afford another illness and another trip to the doctor to spend hundreds or even thousands on medication! The best and cheapest solution? Home cleaning. Yes, that’s right, the classic home cleaning.
If you do not have the time, Booking a cleaning company such as the Manila Maid is the best way to go. They offer home disinfecting service perfect for homes of families that just recovered from getting sick.
Before your house cleaner begins with cleaning job, you can pay extra attention to these important personal items.
1. Garbage Bins/Waste Baskets This is where all your used tissue filled with nasties go directly to your bin. To make sure you kill all the germs, steam clean or spray with disinfectant. Moving forward, always line your bin with a plastic bag.
2. Medicine Cup Wash your medicine cup thoroughly inside and out with warm water and antibacterial soap. Soaking in water with bleach will also help in sterilization. Some medicine cups might be made of propylene material which can withhold heat. Wet the cup and place it inside the microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Utensils Utensils are probably the most infected after feeling sick. It is very important to disinfect them to avoid another round of illness. Boil water but allow the water to stop boiling before putting in the utensils for 5 minutes. Remove them using a thong then air dry.
4. Bed Sheets and Towels Put them in the washing machine and set to hot cycle (55 degrees Celsius) for at least 3 minutes. Allergens and other stocked bacteria and virus are removed during this sanitation process as it’s too hot for them. Laundry and ironing are also done by Manila Maid.
5. Remote Control, Laptop, and Phone Before you start updating your social media after a few days of hell, disinfect your gadgets first with cotton or a paper towel, a mixture of diluted vinegar and distilled water, or just rubbing alcohol. For LCD monitors, avoid pressing harder as they are not as resilient as touch screen phones.
6. Stuffed Toys For stuffed animals, place them in a mesh bag or pillowcase and put them in a washing machine set to hot water cycle. You can remove the clothing and sew them back after the washing process. Make sure to replace the stuffing. Some stuffed toys might not be washable. Just bathe them in sunlight for a few days to let the viruses die.
Now that you have cleaned your personal stuff, let your house cleaner do the rest of the house magic. Our Manila Maid professional home cleaners are ready to save your house from the hands of another virus! We offer quality home cleaning and office cleaning services around Metro Manila areas such as Makati, BGC, Taguig, Mandaluyong, Ortigas, San Juan, Eastwood and more! For more information and booking our services, visit our website __www.manilamaid.com __