by Manila Maid
There's nothing more satisfying and exciting as starting a new life in a new home. This marks a new chapter to a person's life.
However, there's no denying just how much of a hard work it is. From packing to moving to storing, everything can be oh so tiring! Not to mention, making sure your new home is clean enough for you to be able to stay in.
There's no escaping from this task so if you do not know where to start, here are the 5 most important move-in check list you should do.
- Clean your refrigerator - This is where you will store all fresh food and drinks so this should be prioritized. Remove all shelves and individually wash each. Having a hard time with grease or anything sticky? Use hot water to get rid of these, then scrub hard!
- Walls and ceiling - Before you clean each room, make sure that you clean ceilings to walls. Starting from the top. This may seem like a hard task but it's easy if you've got an adjustable handle mop and ladder.
- Kitchen - If you were in a rush to move, chances are you didn't clean any of your kitchen equipment and just moved it to the next house. This is the perfect time to deep clean your oven, microwave and other appliance that you use frequently. Kitchen counters should be wiped down and the most important one - pour boiling water all over the kitchen sink to disinfect and kill germs. Last step is a full wipe down of all kitchen cabinets before you start placing items in.
- Bathroom - This should not be too hard if the previous owner/tenant did not leave the room filthy. Bathrooms are usually smaller spaces than any part of the house and with unlimited water supply in, then all you need is an all purpose cleaner and your handy brush then start scrubbing. Pay close attention to toilet bowls and make sure to effectively disinfect toilet seats before using.
- Floor - This should be given some attention especially if you have little kids that would run or roll around the floor. After vacuuming/sweeping, make sure to use a floor cleaner fit for the type of floor you have. (Wood floor, tiled floor, vinyled floor, etc)
No time to do any of these? No problem! Manila Maid also offers move out / move in cleaning. We send a team of cleaners that clean your home from top to bottom.
Too tired or too lazy to pack? We can do that for you as well! We can even provide the boxes if needed! Packing can be an add-on on top of your home cleaning.
We clean homes or condos in the following areas: Makati, BGC, Taguig, Mandaluyong, Pasay, Ortigas, Parañaque, Malate and more! Give us a call for inquiries at 0927-727-6803 today!